Camping is a great way to get away from it all and enjoy the outdoors, But Washing dishes is the worst, but it doesn’t have to be when you’re camping. There are a few different ways to get them clean without all the extra work.
Check out our guide on how to clean dishes while camping and make your next trip more enjoyable. You’ll be able to relax and enjoy your time outdoors without worrying about dirty dishes piling up.
How To Clean Dishes While Camping – Sample Steps
If you’re camping and don’t have access to a dishwasher, there are still ways to clean your dishes. All you need is some water, soap, and a little elbow grease.
- Fill up a sink or basin with warm water and add some dish soap. If you’re using a sink, plug it up so the suds can’t escape.
- Dip your dishes into the soapy water and scrub them with a sponge or brush. Rinse the dishes off with clean water and set them aside to dry.
- If you’re using a basin, pour some clean water over the dishes to rinse them off. Then set them aside to dry.
- It may take a little longer to clean your dishes this way, but it’s still possible to get them clean. Just be sure to wash them as soon as you’re done using them so the food doesn’t have a chance to dry on.
What Supplies Do You Need For Dishwashing While Camping?
Some supplies you will need for dishwashing while campings are a sink or basin, water, soap, scrubber brush, and sponge. You may also want to have a garbage can or bag to put food scraps in, as well as a cooler to store dishes in if the weather is cold.
In addition, you will need a towel to dry your dishes. By following these tips, you can enjoy a hassle-free camping trip.
Tips For Cleaning Dishes While Camping
- If possible, wash your dishes in a dishpan or sink with hot water. This will make it easier to get them clean.
- If you are washing dishes in a stream or lake, be sure to use biodegradable soap and avoid getting soap into the water.
- Scrape food scraps from dishes into a garbage bag before washing them.
- Wash plastic and other non-porous dishes with hot water and soap.
- Wash metal and glass dishes with hot water and soap. If necessary, use a mild abrasive cleanser for stubborn stains.
- Rinse all dishes thoroughly with clean water.
- Sanitize all dishes by dipping them in a solution of 1 teaspoon bleach per gallon of water.
- Allow dishes to air dry completely before packing them away.
How To Keep Your Campsite Clean And Tidy?
Here are a few tips to help you keep your campsite clean and tidy:
Pack Out All Of Your Trash
This includes food scraps, wrappers, and anything else that you brought with you.
Sweep Up Any Dirt Or Debris
Be sure to sweep up any dirt or debris around your tent or RV.
Wash Your Dishes
Be sure to wash your dishes after each meal. You can wash them in a dishpan or sink with hot water, or you can wash them in a stream or lake with biodegradable soap.
Sanitize All Of Your Dishes
After washing your dishes, be sure to sanitize them by dipping them in a solution of 1 teaspoon bleach per gallon of water.
Allow Your Dishes To Air Dry
Before packing them away, be sure to allow your dishes to air dry completely.
Pack Up Your Gear
When you’re ready to leave, be sure to pack up all of your gear and put it away. This will help keep your campsite clean and tidy.
By following these tips, you can keep your campsite clean and tidy for the duration of your trip.
In the end, dishwashing while camping can be a bit of a challenge, but it’s definitely doable. Just be sure to follow these tips and you’ll be able to keep your dishes clean and sanitary. Happy camping!
Can You Use Dish Soap While Camping?
A: Yes, you can use dish soap while camping. Just be sure to use biodegradable soap if you are washing dishes in a stream or lake.
How Do I Sanitize My Dishes While Camping?
A: After washing your dishes, you can sanitize them by dipping them in a solution of 1 teaspoon bleach per gallon of water.
Can I Pack My Dishes Away Wet?
A: No, you should not pack your dishes away wet. Allow them to air dry before packing them away.